Poison Incident

The Pets ‘n’ Vets family, a network of vet practices with surgeries around Glasgow and surrounding areas, has warned of a possible malicious poisoning incident in Queen’s Park in the south side of the city. Pets ‘n’ Vets vet Ross Allan said: “We are treating a dog that ingested what appears to be chicken laced with a blue substance it found in Queens Park. We are concerned this might be rat poison.

“Fortunately, the dog does not appear to be in grave danger, though we will not know for certain for the next three weeks. We urge owners to be vigilant when walking their dogs in Queens Park and surrounding areas.” Police are investigating the incident.